Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wild Life of Montclair

I know God created all living things.......
but..
There was a big,huge, size of a basketball, groundhog on my deck tonight.
The dog scared it to the fence of the yard and then caught it between it's teeth...shook it hard and then dropped it...only to look back at the 5 of us screaming at the top of our lungs like little girls! ( ok! so four of them were little girls)
I have seen some big rodents before but this wins the prize!!
I have never seen groundhogs in our yard but our neighbor now tells me he has seen two. He also said they live in the creek near our house.
My dog has all her shots but by law she now needs to get another shot. ( there was blood seen after the struggle)
My husband is in Britain. Most people have the impression that I am independent...(they are wrong and not just when it comes to squirrels on steroids!!)
My daughter was to have a four year old birthday party in our back yard tomorrow.....
I'll be lucky to get her near the back door.
To tell you the truth.....I've been looking under my feet and over my shoulder ever since I saw it. You'll be lucky to see me in the backyard untill I shake it off.
Pest control said to call animal control.
Animal control said to call the police and if it is as big as I said...they told me it is probably pregnant.
What would the police do??
Yuck!
These things only happen when husbands are on band trips !


If you go to the link you can see the fun he is having!!


1 comment:

BrownEyedGirl said...

Interesting question from Walks in the Woods! You will be pleased to know the grass is fine... it did become our number one concern after the groundhog had left the area!