Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's day



My MOM

Red balloon game in the hallway.
M& M’s tossed, from a window high.
Ice cream cones just after shopping.
Memories of my mom, and I.

Sitting on the sandy beaches,
Splashing in the Kittles cove.
Skating on the frozen lake top,
Warming by an old wood stove.

Steaming bonnets in the kitchen,
Pointing to the songbook line.
Yorkshires cooked for Sunday dinner,
Movies, just the “girly” kind.

Now I look at my own daughters,
I’m the mom, how can that be?
When they stop to think and ponder,
I wonder what they’ll think of me.

2 comments:

Allison Ward said...

Woah! U look sooo much like ure mom! It's crazy! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.s. we have to chat at my youth councils :)

Allison Ward said...

hahaha..ure not in trouble :) just to talk about....life, you know....lol..when i find out the times I will text you.