Monday, May 29, 2006

Tired-Not the sleepy kind

Tired of effort,
Worn from the fight.
Thoughts race,
Opinions rise,
Speculations distract,
Rumors wound.

Silence is a virtue.
Quiet is under rated.
Even as an extravert,
Being still,
Resting
Quiet,
Silence,
is gold.

Too many
man made rules.
Too many walls.
So many subjects,
Too many words.

I like words
and yet sometimes
There are too many;
Spoken,
thought,
shared.

Words are not always preceded by thought.

Everyone wants to be heard,
No one wants to listen.
Everyone wants to be right,
Cutting edge of thought
and opinion.

A voice crying in the desert of my soul says :
“Be quiet, Be still,
Spend time in My Word.”

What is the rest?
Noise,
Interference,
Static.

Turn off the world and let me hear you Lord.
Turn off my mind and whisper my name.
All that’s within, Give it to Him.
Make still Lord, Come heal Lord,
And whisper my name.




4 comments:

Phil said...

Hey, thanks for this - it was water to my soul today. Praise God above.

Suebee35 said...

Really nice writing Carole!

Beth said...

that is beautiful Carole, I like it when you make me think ;)

WalksInTheWoods said...

Just catching up on your blog today ....

the noise of the world tires our souls
thanks for the thoughts ...how poetic that the "whispers" of grace overpower the roar of the lion seeking to devour

blessings,