Friday, May 05, 2006

BUSY

New Jersey Youth Councils this weekend…we leave today. My oldest daughter will be joining us…the first Youth Councils for her. WOW! They grow so fast.
May 6th is a special day, not only is it Youth Councils but more importantly in our house, Lydia my second daughter turns 12! She was upset that the Army always has youth councils on her birthday so we did a big bash with 12 kids last weekend.
May 6th will be a big day for David Payton and Marika ( last name to hard to spell…soon to be Payton) they will be getting married in Ithaca, N.Y. and a Baker wedding at our corps same day! Yeah Tracy and Brian!!!
We have Cadets on Sunday which is good since Al is here with three kids and I will still be at Youth Councils.
So it is a busy weekend and Monday is officer’s councils for N.J., they have asked us to speak about the corps. All the corps in the division takes a turn sharing what God is doing- Monday is our turn.
Then Tuesday the N.J. Youth Band leaves for the tour of Scotland and Ireland. Alastair is going with the youth band and will stay over in Britain waiting for our corps band. Our corps band has been invited to play at Royal Albert Hall at the end of the month beginning of June. So he comes back after all that. In- between all this we will have some of the wedding visitors from the Eastern Europe Command staying with us after the Payton wedding. It will be fun to see them!
In short, pray for us…it is a busy time and so much is happening.
God is good and He is faithful!
Carole

2 comments:

Suebee35 said...

Katie went to her first Youth Councils this past weekend. On Sunday morning I had to pray with one of our Youth Pastors. When I came back to the seat Katie was at the altar. Of course I wept! She was up there for a very long time. By the time she got back to the seat the "call for officership" had taken place. The young people who feel that call were leaving the room so Jim could pray with them as a group. Katie looked at me and said, "I'm supposed to be going with them." I explained what it was for and she looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "Yeh, I know. I think I'm supposed to be up there too." It made my weekend. Not that she feels called to be an officer, but that she heard God and was willing to respond. I'm proud of the officer thing too!
I will be praying for you and your family. I will especially pray for Heather this weekend.

BrownEyedGirl said...

Thanks Sue! I heard the voice of God for the first time at Youth Councils too. God called me to be an officer at 15. I am thrilled to know you will be praying for us and for Heather. Thanks! So pleased for Katie. God is faithful and He can do it!