Friday, May 12, 2006

Intimate Intercession

I just finished this book. I enjoyed it so much and it will be one of those books that I will read again and again. Take a peek inside at this link:
The Sacred Joy of Praying for others

Here is a quote that was included in the book:
“I think about people I know, the saints with their swollen ankles or their knobby hands, the rickety prayer warriors who don’t have the physical strength to open a pickle jar but who set whole legions of demons flying for cover whenever they kneel. Some are pious misfits, holy eccentrics. Most are just ordinary, with nothing but the presence of God to distinguish them from all the other people on the face of the earth.”- Mark Buchanan.

I have been so busy lately but when I have had a moment this book has been inspiring. It has warmed my heart from the cold monotony of “list” praying and has called me to an intercessor prayer that fills heaven with a sweet fragrance.

1 comment:

Suebee35 said...

Great to hear that your Youth Councils went well. I'm excited for Heather as well.

We had One Time Blind at our Councils as well. They made such a wonderful impact on our kids.

These are exciting days.