Monday, November 28, 2005

Hearing voices





“Not good enough” is my name

You hear me when you come here
I am always next to you.
I judge the things you say
I mock the things you do.

You try to live above me
You try to shut me out
But deep inside you hear me
I love to see you doubt!

I play on your emotions
I measure and compare
You’re all so weak and easy!
To throw into despair.

Judgment- is my tool.
Perfection- I can twist.
Enthusiasm, I despise.
Transparency, detest

I pride myself on subtleties
You think their judging you..
But before you even know it
The Judge is really you!

Keep looking for approval
Keep trying to improve
Keep striving for acceptance.
There is nothing you can do!

My power and my influence
Has been here through the years
I am like a rock…I am rooted
Confront me…If you dare!
.
You know you can’t!
You know you won’t
You’re powerless and weak!
Not good enough! Not good enough!
These are the words I speak!
~Written by CJBate 9/05

Do you sometimes hear voices??

Evelyn Underhill – from “The Spiritual Life” writes “Only when the conviction-not merely the idea that the demands of The Spirit comes first and is first, rules the whole of it, will those objectionable noises die down….”

Ephesians 6:10-13
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground....
."
[1]

[1]The Holy Bible : New International Version. 1996, c1984 . Zondervan: Grand Rapids

3 comments:

makarrao said...

visitando!
[]´s

Aurora said...

I pray we all learn to defeat the devil in his schemes in our own lives so that we can learn to stand together when we pray for our communities, too. Thank you.

YOU DONT KNOW MEEEeeee said...

good poem...and tonight i was at a chapel service where that was part of the text for thepreach...so thats cool...maybe godis trying to tell me something...