Monday, November 07, 2005

For Anya


WHERE YOU LEAD ME

Where are we going?
Oh! Look over there!
The grass is so green,
The valley so fair.
I want to go there, Lord,
Where the sun always shines.
I want to be where there is fruit on the vine.
Where are we going?
Did you not hear?
I said it was pleasant
Right over there.
Where do you lead me?
Did you hear what I said?
Why are we going to a place that I dread…
Why do I trust you?
Why do I go?
Why do you lead me where I don't want to go?
Now look where we're headed..
Don't you know what this means?
There! Where you lead me …
Are you blind to the scene?
The clouds are so dark;
The people unfriendly;
I won't have laughter and
my sorrow will be plenty.
The waves will crush me;
The mountains are high;
The pathway is narrow;
the river is dry .
Why do I trust you?
Why do I go?
Why do you lead me where I don't want to go?
What are you crazy?
Have you lost your aim?
Is this the plan?
Is this a game?
I tell of your love!
And I teach your Word!
I point to your promises,
To Your care of a bird!
But here you are leading
And it is obvious to me,
My needs are forgotten,
My tears are not seen.
I thought it was clear,
I thought we agreed
With the way, I planned,
The life I would lead.
Why do you lead me?
You didn't hear what I said?
Why are we going to a place I dread…
Then the words of my Lord
Answered my heart:
I know what I'm doing!
I have from the start!
I've known you and loved you
from the beginning of time.
I've carefully chosen
this pathway of mine.
Why don't you trust me?
Why do you doubt?
Why do you whine?
Why do you pout?
You say that I lead you?
But it's obvious to me
You have your own aim,
you have your own plea.
I've taken your hand
and I asked you to come,
I've given to you
my only Son.
You want the green pastures?
Then go your own way!
But they won't last forever
when the sun moves away.
I know where the fruit
grows on the vine,
I walk on water
The mountains I climb.
Are you coming with me?
Will you stay behind?
Will you trust ?
Will you risk?
Take this hand of mine?
I know what I'm doing
I know where I go.
I know when to reap,
I know when to sow.
Where shall I go?
What shall I say?
I will go where He leads me,
I will follow His way.
The grass is greener
only when He is there,
The sun is brighter
when He holds my cares.
The waves loose their power;
The mountains lay flat;
The rivers flow freely,
Who would leave all of that?
Not me! I will follow!
My aim and my plan -
I bring it to Him
On this day, take His hand.
His way, for my way,
His plan, for mine,
He will lead me and guide me
My Savior Divine.

3 August, 1999

No comments: