Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Autumn



Fall comes with autumn breezes.
It is cool, crisp, brisk.
Darkness is on its way...
A winter sleep,
A stillness,
A certain kind of death.

The leaves on the trees change and fall...
Dying with colors that brighten the grayest skies.
They die gracefully,
Drifting to the earth,
Covering the ground,
Leaving the tree bare until spring.
Seasons are short.
My life is like one of those leaves.

Lord,
No matter how short the season is...
May I die with colors
That are brilliant like the autumn trees.
May my death, my death to self,
Brighten the grayness of ordinary moments and days.

May I die to self, gracefully.
Gently dancing in the currents of Your Spirit
Like the leaf slowly falling,
Lifting, twirling,
Carried by the current of the wind.
Touching the earth and
Covering it with small,
Short seasoned sacrifices
For Your glory.

cjb - 1999

3 comments:

Evie said...

And once again Carole, you bless me and speak to my heart cry. Thanks.

Unknown said...

That was beautiful! I like the part "Lord,
No matter how short the season is...May I die with colors
That are brilliant like the autumn trees.May my death, my death to self,Brighten the grayness of ordinary moments and days."..
To die empty yet with colour- that's profound!

WalksInTheWoods said...

Your words lead my thoughts to other words ,similiar in their beauty and simplicity to yours .....

"Make my life to be,
Blazing with your Holiness!"


Bold words, full of color, defying the barrenness of winter with a blaze of glory.

Defying the "grayness of ordinary moments and days" with the extravagant abundance of life and color that Christ promised He had come to give.

To be fully alive , and feel and drink in the glory of this world, through the eyes of eternity.....

Grace,