Wednesday, September 27, 2006

What makes God smile?

Yesterday, my 4 year old got into our minivan after pre-school. I buckled her into her car seat, shut the side door, climbed into the driver seat and as the engine started Emma said “Can we listen to my favorite song?” I agreed and put the music on. (This has become our ritual.)
She begins by humming the intro and then singing the words with all her might. When she gets to the following words she is at full volume: “I surrender my dreams to the plans you have for me, Thank you for showing me the emptiness of all I held onto…I surrender my all, I surrender my everything to you.” (Keeping in tune and up to pace for the most part!)
The first time I heard her singing these words, I smiled and thought ….she has no idea the depth of what she is singing. Immediately, God said to my heart “Who really does?”
I tried to record her sweet little voice to share it with all of you but I am not technically savvy enough.
I am however savvy enough to know that the sound of her little voice singing those words with such passion makes God happy. I can sense Him smiling with me.
This ritual never ceases to bless me and I pray that as she gets older, the words will always ring true in her heart.

7 comments:

Allison Ward said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allison Ward said...

I'm a big fan of that song too! Actually the whole cd! Anyway, little emma is ADORABLE and I'm sure that with the parents she has, when she gets older the words will always ring true in her heart!

Unknown said...

wow, this song is AMAZING! when I listened to it here at my work place, the presence of GOD was so overwhelming! it was great!WOW!

Katie said...

Phil would be so proud!! Gotta love a little Laeger in your life. Out of the mouths of babes - they're so innocent at that age. Gotta love Emma!! Love ya!!

Allison Ward said...

I updated just for u!

Mhairi said...

SHe's a wee cracker! She is one of my favourites

Allison Ward said...

woah I updated AGAIN!!!!!