Sunday, September 17, 2006

Women's camp in New Jersey 2006


I just returned from women’s camp at Camp Tecumseh. It rained on Friday and most of Saturday but Sunday’s weather was beautiful.
More importantly the Spirit was moving at women’s camp. He moved in the worship songs, he moved in the prayers of the women, he moved in the testimonies and the sermons.
In one of our moments of worship, I had a vision of all of us standing before the cross worshiping. A thought came to me…here we all stand, women of different languages, different cultures, different social backgrounds, different generations and we are all standing together worshiping one Savior.
In that moment, I was moved by the thought that it was women who were the last to leave the cross and the first at the tomb. I was overwhelmed with the feeling that I was now worshipping with women who represent those same women of the cross and the tomb. Women, who have been set free from demons in their past and who’ve been healed by His touch. Women, who have been forgiven by Jesus, even when others were ready to “cast the first stone”. We all stood together before him.
As the music continued my vision moved from the cross to the empty tomb. I was blessed to be standing amongst them, to be standing in a crowd of women who truly poured out their hearts before God this weekend. Their praises were like a broken alabaster jar at the feet of Jesus. The sweetness of His presence in the room pushed the dark clouds away and opened the blue skies above us.

3 comments:

Evie said...

I miss that kind of fellowship. Not that there aren't many more women than men here or that I don't have lots of female friends. But the 'women's camp' fellowship is unique. Thanks for sharing and for reminding me of that special blessing.

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!!
Good word Carole!
I am having my Ladies Bible Study tonight and your word encouraged me to go and celebrate with them the WORD.
love you :)

Allison Ward said...

Voice A humble scream
Drink a delirious stare
in everything gentle to earth
smear a vision
of heaven
as life must inspire music
ask God for the
everlasting blue trumpet
Sound familiar!
<3 you!