Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Happy Birthday Heather

Cell Phone Photo by Heather


14 years ago today, I became someone, I became a mother.
Heather made sure that I was afraid from the very start. Seconds after they placed her in my arms she turned her head and stared into my soul. She was probably focusing her eyes to this new light but knowing her now…I think my gut reaction was right. She looked into my eyes as if to say…”Ok, Let me get a good look at you, are you capable of this…So, huh?! You’re my mother!”, “Let, me put a face to that voice I’ve been hearing and just so you know, I’ll be keeping an eye on you.”
Each of her sisters entered this world with their own first looks at life but Heather seemed to be keenly observant and full of questions from the start.
She makes me so proud and she has grown into such a discerning, beautiful and talented young woman.

Photo by Heather


I can’t believe I am old enough for this and the adventure is just beginning… so they tell me! ;)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Give her a big hug and kiss for me!! I wish I could be there to celebrate! Just think in 2 years she'll want her drivers permit - are you ready for that??!!!! Love and miss you loads! :)

Unknown said...

POZDRAVLAU!!!!!

I like Russian tradition for child's b-day: mother always gets the flowers, because she's the one who worked hard that day (that's something I told Zach we're keeping forever!!!)...
so, congratulation to you, MOM
((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))

Mhairi said...

Give her a hug and a smack on the butt from ME! She's so like you, in looks and in spirit ;)

Two pics, both which she took, what a talented wee lassie, "I love her, I love her, I love her!"

Allison Ward said...

Aw! I'm loving her galsses in the second picture...hey that's star lake isn't it? Man that's kinda pathetic that I could tell it was! hahahaha.
I miss you!
love you!

p.s. I updated :)

Allison Ward said...

i mean glasses* hahaha