Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Marked reflection

Only a reflection
As in a mirror
An image
A form
Of what is.
What we see.
Or perceive,
Of who we are.

Yet,
Promised
So much more.
Now,
We know
In part
Then,
We shall
Know fully.

Breathe
The warmth
Of your breath
On the glass
Of my soul.
Leave the
Fingerprint of God
Upon my mirror.

So, when others
Draw near
To share
A breath of life
A moment
They may see
The mark of God
Pressed on me.

Breathe
And it will appear
Not because
I put it there
But because
I've been touched
By the hand of God.

No reflection
Will be seen
Past the mark
He made.
When others look,
In my mirror
And breathe.
-cjb
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
1 Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by
International Bible Society

2 comments:

Caryn said...

Look at you with the artsy photography! The poems not bad either. I'm not sure I want all of me to be reflected but it's something to strive for.

WalksInTheWoods said...

Life Words Carole,

In the sharing,…Grace happens ..... Praise Him !

He remains ever the Creator, breathing life into our everyday common clay existence.

If the eye opens a window to the soul, perhaps the gently breathed whispers of God,
Speak fragile words, as life-giving oxygen to the soul….. In-spiration in its sublimest form….

How sensitive that you should long to be the mirror reflecting the “Fingerprint of
God”
I've been blessed again by I Cor. 13:12...