Sunday, July 16, 2006

Corps tent camping and rafting trip

The family before the river.
Emma wouldn't stand with us.....probably offended she wasn't going.

Emma saying good bye. Don't go Mommie!!

The River

We had a great time! More pictures on Flicker. Most shots are before.
I have only this one of us on the actual rapids...
I have to admit I get really wound up on these trips and throw my whole self into the event.
The river wars are the best part, after the rapids. Everyone has water guns and buckets of water and when the river is calm it is all out war on the other rafts. I have bruises to prove it. The girls have a bit of there mother in them! They took the water in the face like real troopers and gave some back too! Al was the Captian of our vessel.
Emma spent the afternoon with her granddad Bate. They had a good time and even got a nap in!
I woke up feeling a little older this morning. Hard to get out of bed! :)

5 comments:

Mhairi said...

Looks like you all had a horrible time, so glad I didn't go with you! :(

Caryn said...

Rafting 2006!

WalksInTheWoods said...

"throwing your whole self into it"

What a master of understatement ...... !

.................also................

its' really probably good Mhairi wasn't there.... because then we'd have had to deal with her and Caryn on old movie themes and scenes ....like "Deliverance" and "the African Queen" ; instead of really great movies /...like
"A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT"

And she would have had a sword and eye-patch and jumped from raft to raft .... boarding other vessels....

Unknown said...

it looks like a lot of FUN!!!
you look good on these pictures....Emma looks a lot like you too..

Caryn said...

Should I be offended Major Kelly?

I'll give you "A River Runs Through It" It's a very good movie