Thursday, June 15, 2006

Procrastinating or too busy?


I'm a mother of four
With laundry galore
A work that never seems done.
If that weren't enough
There's dishes and stuff
And toys all over the floor.

I'm also a wife
Whose chosen a life
To live with the man
That she loves.
He loves to spend time
But hardly a dime,
Except when it's for
a good cause. :)

I'm also a preacher
a mentor and teacher
A sister, a daughter
And friend.
I've hardly the time
To sit and to rhyme,
The laundry still needs
To get done.
-cjb

3 comments:

Dave C said...

:o) Great poem! Made me smile!

Thanks

WalksInTheWoods said...

Light-hearted Laments .... ???


I sit and I smile....

As I read the style ...

Yet overworked,she sits and laments

And the multiple roles

are taking their tolls,

Still the time, for the rhyme

must be spent !




Your versatility is amazing! You both paint a picture and pull us into the pace you are feeling... Dr. Seuss meets Shel Silverstein ....

Thanks for making the day brighter....because so many others feel the hectic pace of life that threatens us all....yet your words somehow make it a little lighter....

blessings,

Unknown said...

oh boy!
you are GOOD!! I don't know how you do it! I am not a mother, but I hardly have time to do anything. There are days when everyone want a piece of you, but you just can't give it.....I HEAR YOU!!!!

You are a hero, Carole!

I LOVE YOU!