Monday, June 12, 2006

FYI stuff and Righteousness ( not my own)

My friend Beth has started a blog and she is a gifted writer. She has a poem up right now called two and a half hours. It is a poem almost everyone can relate to! I know I can.

On a different note, Commissioning weekend is over. It was good to see so many people and friends that we wish we had more time to fellowship with.

Then there was Natasha's 9th birthday party. It was also a success with 15 of her closest friends. ;) She said " It was the best day of her life!"
Pictures will be up on Flicker soon.

Hot off the press....another poem!
A "post commissioning" poem after seeing so many people, so quickly in such a short period of time.

How many times do I walk away and think
Why? Why did you say that?
How? How was Christ in those words?
No excuse, I should know better.

How many times do I walk away and think
Why? Why did I do that?
How? How was Christ seen in that moment?
No excuse. I should know better.

How many times do I stand in the presence of God?
Seek Him, speak to Him, desire more of Him
Then go into the world and disappoint Him?

Yet, He knows me and lavishes me with His Love
He pours out all the riches in Christ Jesus upon me.
He blesses and blesses again
as undeserving as I am.

I have no righteousness on my own
My battle ‘gainst flesh is still not won
But Lord I pray that I will see
Your righteousness;
Reflected,
Consistent,
Active,
Alive
in me.


- cjb



3 comments:

Allison Ward said...

I love it.....It was nice to see you this weekend.

WalksInTheWoods said...

Thank you for opening a window on your thoughts .... and allowing the Holy Spirit to breeze through with fresh blessings.....

Evie said...

Having just come from our Commissioning, I completely relate to your poem. And yet, somehow there are moments of grace and blessing - in spite of me! Love, Evie