Thursday, June 22, 2006

Last Day of School

One more school year has just finished for my children. Heather brought home an excellent report card yesterday and we will see the other two report cards today. I am not worried.
I can’t believe how fast this year has gone! How fast the past three years have gone. We arrived here in Montclair 3 years ago and hit the ground running. I had many concerns (mostly valid) about the girls' adjustment to the States after living overseas for so long. God has worked them all out in His time. I look back now and see how He settled us in our “home”.

Hosea 11:11 (NIV)
11 They will come trembling
like birds from Egypt,
like doves from Assyria.
I will settle them in their homes," declares the LORD.
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

This is the verse God gave me when I moved to Russia in 1994 and He settled me in my “home” there for 9 wonderful years. When it was time to come back to the States…I returned with the same feelings I had leaving. Fear and trembling seemed to resonate with me! Yet, God once again spoke these words to me and has been faithful to keep this promise in my life.
Transition can be difficult but our God is the God who calms not only the waves of Galilee but also those storms in our hearts and minds.
Many of our friends and their children are in transition this week. I share my testimony of God’s grace and power in transition and I share my verse with you. Take it as a promise from God.

Lord, as you have been faithful to me during times of transition, questions and upheaval – Lord, be faithful to those at this time who need you to calm the seas of their hearts and minds. Bring peace where there is worry. Settle them in their homes.
Thank you Lord for your understanding to our humanness.
Thank you for your faithfulness in our everyday lives.

3 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

Thank you, Carole!

Today is our last official Sunday here in Tartu. This week we take up our new appointments as Corps Officers of the Tallinn Kopli Corps.

I really needed to hear this.

Love,
Evelyn

WalksInTheWoods said...

there is nothing so positive as praise to God for victories won ....nor anything more encouraging to those still embattled .... you are a blessing ....

here is a quote I think fits confortably around the mantle of your ministry , but in no way limits or defines it...one of the forms of your encouragment....

"This is the gift I have , simple ,
simple, a foolish extravagant spirit, full of forms, figures, shapes, objects, ideas, apprehensions,motions,and revolutions.
These are begot in the ventricle of memory, nourished in the womb of pia mater, and delivered upon the mellowing of occasion..."

Wm. Shakespheare
Love's Labor's Lost IV ii

some say it was his comment on his own heart .....

Caryn said...

Okay, so you finally got me on blogger. I think for me this is the easiest way to keep in touch with Katie and Christine and whoever else is moving away or planning on it. You win.