Monday, April 10, 2006

My heritage

I heard today that if you don't know where you have been ( your history) you will have touble finding your way. ( your future)

Therefore, I look back as I have been reminded this weekend and today of my heritage.




I met some relatives from Canada this weekend. We are all descendants of Rosa Jane who was my Father’s maternal grandmother. Rosa Jane who is pictured here at the age of 18 in 1898 later….had ten children! 5 boys and 5 girls. ( some of her grandchildren include my father- Lt. Col. Norman Voisey, Major Len Ballentine, Major Colleen Price- as you can imagine there are many more...I just mentioned those I have met with this past week.)

My Aunt on my mother’s side just posted a picture of my maternal grandmother passing out "The War Cry" as a cadet (seen below). She would have been around 18 in this picture. If Retta was around today April 10th, it would have been her 89th birthday. She had four children.



So my history includes these beautiful women who were active in The Word and in spreading the gospel.
If I look forward to my future- my four girls-I have quite a lot to pass on to them.
God is faithful from generation to generation to those that love Him and keep His commandment. (Gen 20:6)

1 comment:

Phil said...

I love those old pictures. I am currently in the process of scanning all my parents old pictures. I just ran across a photo of my great grandmother as a child. Priceless...