Sunday, April 23, 2006

Making a mountain out of a mole hill!

When my daughter Heather was 4 years old she got her first splinter in her hand. I tried my best to remove it gently but it was difficult since Heather was screaming before I even touched her with the tweezers. The splinter was in the palm of her hand and almost at the center. I coaxed and pleaded with her and then finally I said in frustration "You must be still if I am going to get this out!" Heather grabbed her little hand from me and opened it up so we could both look at it. She then said "Mommy I am sorry I am screaming but it really hurts....( now touching the center of her palm and rubbing it gently with tears still on her cheeks) ... it hurts just like Jesus with the nails on the cross."
I looked at her wide eyed and grinned thinking... WOW! Are we dramatic in our family or what??!! I am sure the location of her splinter had something to do with her train of thought.
Then the question came to my mind.....
How often do I turn the splinters of life into a cross to bear?

Easter may have come and gone for us but today was Easter for my friends in the Eastern Europe command. May you experience resurrection power every day!
He Lives!

May our light and momentary troubles achieve for us an eternal glory that will far outweigh them all!

2 Corinthians 3: 16-18 (NIV)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

1 comment:

Allison Ward said...

Aww I love your family! You and Alaister raise your children well!