Thursday, February 02, 2006

Random words of love

My littlest one, Emma is three and a half. She has just started randomly telling me that she loves me. It usually isn't related to anything. We can be doing nothing and she looks up at me, grins and says “Mommy, I love you!". Her eyes are so full of love and she always looks as if she just HAD to tell me. There is nothing like the pure, innocent love of a three year old. Every time she says it, all on her own, my heart melts, I feel great and really..... kind of "gushy"!
Today, I got a free coffee at Starbucks. I think they feel bad for me with my addiction and all. They just gave me a tall skim latte and wouldn't take my money. I left laughing at the fact that I am in there so much, they are now giving it to me free and then I thought.......you know, God loves me! God bought me a coffee today. It seemed as if He walked out of the Starbucks with me to my car as we laughed together at that thought ..........and then it happened!
I randomly said it......" I love you God!"
All of a sudden, I thought of Emma saying those words to me and I wondered.......does God feel the same way that I feel when Emma says those words to me? Does His heart melt when I randomly express my love for Him, even over a seemingly small incident?
I like the idea, that God's heart might melt or that He likes hearing me say...."I love you!"
Maybe, God even gets a little "gushy" when His children randomly tell Him that they love Him.

2 comments:

Evie said...

Hey! I borrowed this basic idea for a Reflecting God devotional I just wrote. I ran out of words before I could credit you, so I simply called you 'a friend'! Hope you don't mind! Evie

BrownEyedGirl said...

I don't mind at all!