Monday, March 12, 2007

Turning 40!

I had the best Birthday ever! My husband really went all out and just showered me with love. He had a party for me at our house. We had close to 80 people at one point!
He made all the food himself and was cooking all weekend. ( It was all delicious!!)
He set up, cooked and cleaned up the whole house before and after the party was over. (The girls helped too! )
There was a 1967 quiz and a WHO WANTS TO BE CAROLE"S FRIEND game set up with questions and pictures of me that was played like WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE.
My daughter Lydia also put together a slide show ....some pictures were very embarrassing!
She had the Van Morrison song: "Brown Eyed Girl" playing in the back ground and the Martina song: " She's a butterfly". She did a great job!
Everyone was kind....well, some were kind others had a lot of fun at my expense. :)
I am truly blessed!
40 is going to be a good decade!


Opening presents and sharing memories.


Just one of the rooms with all the food!


The living room crowd


The cake.
If you could read my buttons the red one would say:
I would rather be 40 than pregnant! ( so TRUE!!)
and the little black one: 40 is not old if you are a tree!
Birthday girl....up close! too close!!

Alastair's gift to me...for those who may not know the butterfly is actually my initials.
CjB with the "v" for my maiden name Voisey. I could not have thought of a better gift from the man I love! Does he know me or what!??

God has blessed me with so many gifts.
Family, friends, a great corps, a wonderful ministry in the Army and a life full of experiences both wonderful and challenging that have drawn me closer to HIM.
To all my friends and family who live across this country or the other side of the world....I miss you and love you very much.
I wish you ALL could have been with us!!


10 comments:

Kapten Clark said...

I thought that today was your birthday! It is also Anya Henderson's birthday!

Here in Estonia, this is a Jubilee birthday (30, 40, etc.) -- and of course my 40th is this summer. So I'm already starting to make plans!

Although here, it is the birthday person who is the host and must do all the work for the party! ;-)

Happy birthday!

Love,
Evelyn

BrownEyedGirl said...

March 12th is my Birthday...we had the party Sunday night just because it is so hard to find a time.
Wish Anya a Happy Birthday for me!!

Phil said...

Happy Birthday!

Allison Ward said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Carole! I wish I had known, I would have dropped everything to celebrate with you! I love you

Mhairi said...

Carole's an old fart and she is only forty! LOL
Sweet bling!

Mhairi said...

Carole's an old fart and she is only forty! LOL
Sweet bling!

Mhairi said...

Yeah, my computer is a wee bit impaired

BrownEyedGirl said...

Sure blame the computer! You just wanted to say it twice!

jeff said...

You are truly blessed Carole. Happy happy birthday and many blessed and happy years to come!