Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hearing God through nature

We went camping this past weekend with friends. It was wonderful weather, good food and great fellowship. Our campsite was in the woods of northern New Hampshire and had no phone signal. When I asked the women at the desk if there was somewhere I could go on site to get a signal she told me I would have to drive six miles off the campsite. LOL! So we were really in the middle of nowhere. No signal but a nice pool. The pirate ship on the edge of the pool had slides of all sizes and this entertained all the kids for hours.

Sometimes God speaks to me through nature and this weekend was one of those times. Every where we went there was a sweet smell of lilacs. Every road and pathway had lilac bushes in full bloom. God has used these simple bushes to speak to me in the past. Also there was one yellow butterfly that seemed to like me a whole lot. At least twice a day I would find it flying past me or over me. God has often used this symbolism to speak to me on many different levels.

All this to say, on my arrival home these words came to me. I hope they are a blessing to some as I play with words and images the has Lord placed before me.

picture by walksinthewoods

Violet lilacs
Golden butterflies
Fragrances of gratitude
Transformation flies
Thankfulness smells
Sweet as spring
Hope can lift us
Like those wings
No longer crawling
On a wall
But soaring high
Above it all
No longer smelling
Excrement
But breathing in
Heaven’s scent
An atmosphere of
Metamorphosis
Faith is why
We believe all this!
Cocoons bound
Holding in night
Breakthroughs come
Releasing light
Change that sends
Worms to flight
Transformation!
Prodigals lost
Now are found!
Sons feeding pigs
Now wear crowns!
Sweeter fragrance
We cannot breathe in
Than a life transformed
Surrendered to him.

cjb

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No longer crawling
On a wall
But soaring high
Above it all
I like that! so liberating!
missed you...glad you're back..I guess your summer will be hectic...I'll call you soon :)

Unknown said...

ti gde opyat propala dorogaya?
sloochau!

jeff said...

"Sons feeding pigs
Now wear crowns!" That brings tears to my eyes! I do admit I am a bit of a cry baby, but thems good words C.!

keep it up! (hope to see a painting or two out of you this summer too)