Sunday, May 06, 2007

A cross in the sky

My youngest yelled out in the car, "LOOK! A cross in the sky!"
She showed me her discovery with excitement. The day was bright and beautiful.
She is too young to know that the pattern was made by planes flying in and out of Newark Airport.
Enjoying her excitement, I just agreed.
"And it's right over my sister's school."
"Yes, it is."
"You know Mommy, when it is sunny like today, Jesus is in the sky but when it is dark, he is in our hearts."
"Emma, he is always close by us isn't he?"
" Yup."
"You know what Emma? Maybe the sun on our skin is God giving us hugs and kisses? What do you think?"
Her little girl giggle told me she agreed.

4 comments:

Allison Ward said...

That is adorable!
I MISS YOU!
when will I see you again??

Bill said...

Ah, the opportunities that God gives us to share His Son with our children. I look forward to these days.

Blessings

Unknown said...

that girl is a major prophet in making!
oh, I wish I was like that sky over the school, everytime people see me, they will shout ,"look! the cross of Jesus!"...
Emma is something else!!!

I think I will enjoy the hugs and kisses of Jesus extra today- just for fun

Katie said...

You've gotta love the innocence of a child. She's an amazing little girl. Can't wait to see you soon!!!