Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Words that have caused me to stop and ponder this week

The following may or may not have anything to do with each other.

“We are able to have as much of God as we want” Alexander MacLaren
Song 523, verse 3
SA songbook

“Give me more power, that sinners around
May feel that thou in me dost live;
Let my light shine that souls who are bound
May say: To thee Lord now myself I give.”

Chorus:
Lord with my all I part
Closer to thee I’ll cling
All earthly things that bind my heart
Dear Lord to thy feet I bring

John 10:40-42
“Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. Here he stayed and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man was true.” And in that place many believed in Jesus.”

How awesome is this?! John the Baptist never performed a miraculous sign. Yet, the testimony about him was that all he had said about Jesus was true and the result??? Many believed in Jesus!! May I always speak the truth about Jesus. If I can do nothing else, may it be said about me that I have done this!


Matt. 17:20 “ Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Thomas Merton “New Seeds of Contemplation”
Pg. 123 “Hell is where no one has anything in common with anybody else except the fact that they all hate one another and cannot get away from another and from themselves.”

Pg. 112
“ It is not only our hatred of others that is dangerous but also and above all our hatred of ourselves: particularly that hatred of ourselves which is too deep and too powerful to be consciously faced for it is this which makes us see our own evil in others and unable to see it in ourselves.”

Poem - found it in my old Bible this week. I have no idea when I wrote it.

Sacred moments

Nothing is by chance
Every life has a dance
There is a rhythm
There is a rhyme
People come
People go
All of them
precious souls
God desires everyone
Are we open to the call?
Take his hand
Let Him lead
Dance with me
Dance with me
Your Providential God.

-cjb
God is always speaking. How do you hear him?

4 comments:

Mhairi said...

and she has no computer! All of that, and no computer! WONDERWOMAN YOU ARE CJB!

BrownEyedGirl said...

Hey! I used the kids computer....when there is a will there is a way!

less cj...more JC!! right Mhairichka!!! :)

WalksInTheWoods said...

thanks for the words on JTB. they are right on target for my heart this week.....

Berryinteresting said...

God speaks to me through people like you. I really like seeing Jesus in you. And I'm grateful to know and work with you. And I like the grizzly, too. Getting over a head cold myself.