Friday, February 02, 2007

My husband is WAY smarter than the cable guy!

We had a visit from Les the cable guy. I had very little to do with his visit. Alastair was home so he met Les at the door and stayed next to him during the whole visit. Les started getting on Alastair’s good side by walking across our cream colored carpet with muddy wet boots. Les was promptly sent out to his van to find shoe coverings before he could enter again. From that point on I imagined as I was cooking that everything was going well. However, when I heard the cable guy getting ready to leave I went to the door. I had one question to ask the man who was meant to have the intellect to fix our phones, internet and television.
As I approached the two men at the door, I missed the warning look from my husband’s eyes. Later, I realized Al was actually yelling at me frantically through his eyes to warn me. I asked my little question and Les…..well, Les couldn’t have given less of an answer. A lot of hand motions, rolling of eyes, thoughts of what it could be, all within a matter of seconds and all from Les. Alastair looked at me with eyes that said, “Curse you woman! You have prolonged his visit!” When the door shut behind Les….I laughed. I thought, he annoyed me and I could tell he had no idea what he was doing within seconds of our meeting. Then it dawned on me…..poor Alastair! It was once said about Alastair that all he had to do was walk by something electronic and it would immediately begin working! So, not only is Alastair very good with all electronic things but he just spent at least 45 minutes with this guy!!
Lucky for Al, Les comes back for one more visit but unfortunately, it will be scheduled on a day when Alastair won’t be around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
I bet Al will miss him or even canceln his schedule. I know how much he loves to visit with people! LOL