Monday, January 08, 2007

We think no one knows





We think no one knows
We think no one sees
But these are the lies
That trap you and me

He who made eyes,
He who made ears
Can see all we do
And Oh! He hears!

He reads our minds
He knows our hearts,
Deceit is not in him
He’s pure from the start.

Do we think He’s silent,
So we can sin more?
No! He weeps, standing,
At our heart’s door.

Repent?
Who needs that!?
It’s such an old word.
What have we done?
What have you heard?

Judge me no more
I’m better than most!
These are the words,
Some dark hearts boast

Pray for a breakthrough!
Do more than coast!
Bring on conviction
Dear Holy Ghost!

cjb

3 comments:

Phil said...

Amen. Praise God for the goodness that leads us to repentance. Thank you, Holy Spirit, for conviction that brings godly sorrow.

Thanks for the poem...

Caryn said...

I think this may be my favorite yet. Missed you in writer's group tonight!

Unknown said...

AMEN!
I think this one is my favourite yet as well....powerful..I might use it in my Bible Study :)