Monday, January 15, 2007

Advocate

This past week I had an advocate.

My advocate went with me into a meeting and sat next to me.
My advocate knew my rights and spoke up on my behalf to defend those rights. When those who were opposing my best interest spoke half truths to me, hoping to deceive me, my advocate jumped in and exposed the erroneous information.
My advocate enabled me to speak up with confidence.

I was somewhat like a small dog on a leash. I could bark and defend because I knew I was not alone. It didn’t matter how big the other dog was, as long as I was on the leash. If the advocate had left me on my own, I would have cowered before the bigger dog.

I left that meeting thinking of the advocate we have in Christ Jesus.
He is always with me.
He defends me and knows my rights as a child of the King.
He exposes half truths and deception so that I will not be deceived.
He enables me to speak up with confidence before man and at the throne of God.
As long as I am bound to Him, I can “do all things” and even witness the fall of the enemy before me. It doesn’t matter how big the problem is, when we have one who intercedes on our behalf.

He does not restrain me with a leash but with His undying, passionate love.


1 John 2:1 “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (KJV)

Hebrews 7:24-25 “…because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.” (NIV)

Romans 8: 26-27 “In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.” (NIV)



Intercede for me Lord!
Be my advocate
Come before my
doubts and fears
Put them all to rest.

Intercede for me Lord!
Be my advocate
Deception comes
Distorted truths
Stand up in my defense.

Intercede for me Lord!
Build my confidence
So I may conquer every foe
Then claim your righteousness.
cjb

No comments: