Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Valley


A valley covered
In a blanket of red.
Come lie with me here
And lose all your cares.
As the wind gently caresses.
Watch with me as the poppies
Dance above our heads.
Feel the cool ground on your back.
Taste the grass between your teeth.
Get lost under the crimson canopy.
Fall asleep next to me and pull the blanket over
Rest, laugh, roll, love in the sublime.
High on the opium of life not yet
Destroyed or extracted by the hand of man.
A valley on fire, a valley of blood
A valley of forgiveness, a valley of love
A valley created by the brush strokes of a Master Artist.
Lie with me here in this Monet-like painting
Lose all your cares as the wind gently caresses.
Watch with me as the poppies
Dance above our heads.

cjb

2 comments:

Caryn said...

There is a painting currently on display at the MET. I pointed it out to Mhairi the other day when we are there. It looks identical to this picture Alastair took. I wonder if the artist was sitting in this same meadow.

BrownEyedGirl said...

You and I need to go to the MET! I hear it calling us. If the artist was from the Republic of Georgia or Russia...then it is possible! Al took this picture in the Rep. of Georgia.