Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Learning to waltz

Wisdom to act or to wait.
Sometimes, we have limited information about a person or a situation.
There have been times when I have felt frustration over a decision someone has made. I voice my concerns and find out later that I didn't have all the facts. Then, I walk away feeling stupid that I judged too quickly. There have been other times where I felt strongly that some sort of action/judgement should come quickly! ( even knowing all the facts) Then in the end....waiting and grace turn out to have been the better options. In those moments, I find myself walking away saying.....Why was I so quick to be harsh? Why do I worry, when God is in control?
I am sure there will be situations in my life that will contradict these lessons now and again but for the most part.....
I find myself learning to dance with Jesus without steping on His toes.

7 comments:

Allison Ward said...

the new pics are up! It was soo good to see you!!!

BrownEyedGirl said...

no fearless. There was another situation that has come up recently where I was given more information and it made some future events change in my mind. Kind of a paradigm shift, if you will. I was thinking back on all the times I make quick judgments or run before the Lord instead of with him. I can see now how it may apply to our conversation but you have to be the judge of that! Love you!

Evie said...

If only we (I) really learned this lesson and practiced it regularly - I think we would find more joy and peace and life would be so different. Thanks for the reminder. Evie

Allison Ward said...

Sorry this really doesn't have much to do with you entry, but you said you find yourself learning to dace with Jesus without steping on His toes and it made me think of when I used to stand on my Grandads toes and dance with him..lol

BrownEyedGirl said...

Allison I think it has everything to do with what I wrote. It is true that sometimes the best place to be is on his toes in the same way a little girl stands on her father's or grandfather's toes. Most importantly He is the one leading! Thanks for that great picture and memory

Jim Knaggs said...

Transparency is a gift. Thank you for your thinking and ministry on this blog.

blogblogblog said...

Great stuff, Carole. Thanks. Great writing takes things we feel and says it in a way we never could.