Thursday, January 31, 2008

I will wait on God

I will wait for the Lord
I will wait for the Lord
He is the goal
The desire of my soul
I will wait for the Lord

When everything I plan
Slips through my hands like sand
I will wait for the Lord

When days seem gray
Crashing like cold winter waves
I will wait for the Lord

When hope burns down
Melting away throughout my day
I will wait for the Lord

He hears me when I pray
He loves me come what may
I will wait for the Lord

cjb
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5 (NIV)

3 comments:

jsi said...

Thank you for the beauty and conviction of this holy movement - waiting.
My days have been full to overflowing, and my tank is on empty and I know exactly why.
I need to wait...
...Oh how I need to wait right now.
I am praying for you and your family and your ministry of hope and encouragement.

Sit with someone at the piano, you have a tremendous song here. I hear the echos of a plaintive melody resonating within your stanzas.

jeff said...

thank you Carole. it is in our disappointment, that we search God.

thanks for writing it this way

WalksInTheWoods said...

I'll bet Alastair could find a tune to fit this .......

It could then be sung by all of those patiently waiting for the Lord to bring about the renewal/revival that many join you in waiting and longing for....

grace abounds,