Sunday, April 08, 2007

The newest Sr. Soldiers of Montclair


Ronnie Williams,Courtney Scheibner,Karin Tillsely,Heather Bate (my daughter),Stephen Johnson














Don't they look great!!




What can I say? It was a great Easter Sunday!!

The enrollment was going smoothly until I looked at my firstborn standing before me in a uniform under the flags. I was overwhelmed and almost unable to speak. It was a "Mom moment". Snap shots flooded my mind of her dedication under the Army flag when she was a baby, then flashed to the future and all the Lord has planned for her. Unfortunately for the rest of the congregation, I was officiating the ceremony when this emotion caught me off guard!

I choked back the tears and carried on as best I could.

As I look at each of these young adults I imagine all that the Lord has for them and all they have to give to the Lord. My prayer for them is that God will sanctify them through and through. That their whole spirit, soul and body will be kept blameless until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls them is faithful and He will do it!!

I believe it!




1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."

7 comments:

jsi said...

Absolutely beautiful - it is such an encouragement to hear of the depth of growth within these young hearts.
Your heart touched deeply, it is so inspiring to look into the future of a young believer's life. What will God hold in store for them? Where will God lead them? Who will accompany them?
Joyful inspiration from your "mom moment".
Our enrollment this morning brought the same tears mixed with a frustration. The joy, my youngest son Nathan was enrolled as Junior soldier. The frustration, there were 2 people in church, not counting our family.
You bring hope and passion with your post tonight, thank you.

Kapten Clark said...

After getting quite emotional during the Jr. Soldier enrollment of Elizabeth, I have promised myself to let OTHERS handle these special times so I can just sit there and watch and be MAMA and not the C.O.! So, I know exactly how you feel.

Were you also thinking back to your own enrollment, 25 years ago? :-)

Love,
Evelyn

BrownEyedGirl said...

Evelyn!! was it really 25 years ago??? Yes I guess it was. You, me and Everett Henry. Funny how we all turned out!
Especially looking back. Who would have guessed?! It just confirms what I see for these young people. If he can call and keep us….then think what he can do with this next generation!

Jess- All the angels of heaven and the great cloud of witnesses filled the empty spaces that day! They all rejoiced with you before the Lord. I relate to your frustration. I asked Alastair once (at one appointment) if I was allowed to count the Trinity for stats since I was sure they came to church that morning even if most stayed home! :)

Bill said...

What an awesome day in the Lord, to have soldiers enrolled for the Kingdom of God! May God bless them!

Tom Dressler said...

Carole - I can't remember back to MY senior soldier enrollment, but I don't think I made a big deal about it. I do remember, though, how proud my mom and grandparents were.

Maybe THEY got more out of it than I did... at the time.

Congratulations to you, and the other proud parents!

~tcd~

Jim Knaggs said...

Now let's give them something important to do. I'm sure you are. Hallelujah! We're proud of each of them.

Unknown said...

I too cried when I saw the pcitures!!! I remember Heather and Lydia playing the church when they were 5 and 6...now they're living it!
I can't believe she's grown up so much!!!!!
May she become a fulfilled woman of God, may she accomplish God's plans and purpuses for her life. I speak blessing into her life, I speak more hunger and thirst for God into her, I speak passion for the cross into her life.