Saturday, October 15, 2005

The girl is alive- The women is healed

I kept thinking of one particular woman in Scripture. Her story is in Matt. 9:18-26 and Mark 5:22-43.
Matthew has some good words, but Mark gives more details.
Read the scriptures I gave you, then read this....
The girl is dead.
The woman is sick.
Things get worse instead of better.
The crowd closes in around Him and He doesn't see her.
She wants to touch Him.
She wants to be healed but,
She is ashamed.
She is a disgrace.
She is in pain.
No one seems to notice.
People are all around and inside herself she is screaming.
"Who am I to seek His healing?"
No one can hear her.
"He is going,
Do you see Him?
He is on His way to help someone less fortunate than myself.
I am no one.
Too many people.
I am too ashamed.
Maybe, I can just touch him and then sneak away.
No one knows how I have suffered, no one has seen or felt my pain...
Emotionally,
Physically,
Or spiritually.
I am left an outcast, alone and trampled.
He's too busy!
What he must do now is more important than me..
He is going to help a child.
Her father has come on her behalf.
No one would or could ask for me,
Especially not my father.
Why has this gone on so long?
If I could just touch His hem.
Such little faith...
Such great power flowing through me!
What has happened to me?
He knows I am here.
What if he sees me?
He knows I am here.
What if he is angry with me?
He knows I have taken from him.
Then he speaks.
Do you hear his words?
He speaks to me,
To my soul,
To the deepest part and says..
"Take heart Daughter!"
Daughter!
Daughter.
The word sounds new,
Fresh,
Pure when He speaks it.
To be called Daughter
By the son of God!
To be HIS Child.
To be a child.
To have childlike faith, hope and trust.
But wait!
The little girl is dead!
I can still hear the mourners’ voices.
The noise, the depression..
Death.
Death is in the air.
I follow Him to her house and hear him say..
"She is not dead!"
Laughter fills the air from all who are there.
Sometimes it is just easier to laugh.
Can't He see death?
Can't He smell it?
He says she is asleep.
In a coma?
Does she even know He is there?
Then He speaks and says to her..
"Little girl, I say to you get up!"
And immediately the girl stood up!
She came alive!
Before my eyes,
In the deepest part of my being,
In my soul.
The girl awoke, she stood, she walked,
She breathed, she smiled.
The child was alive!
The child within me awoke."
The little girl is alive!
The woman is healed.
___________________________________

1 comment:

Allison Ward said...

OH MY GOODNESS! i didn't know that you had a Blogger too! lol...it was nice to see you on Friday! I'm sorry it was so brief! I miss you!
Love,
Allison