Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Prayer of an intercessor

Sometimes when we pray for others our hearts become anxious or burdened for them. Our motives in praying for them can sometimes hinder the Lord's perfect will. But if we know what His prayer is for the individual then we can pray in agreement with the one who interceeds for us. I often wonder what His prayer would be, I would love to listen in and then agree.

Prayer of an intercessor

Lord,
Tell me how to pray
Tell me what to say,
Settle my heart today.

You say..
Bring all your anxieties.
I give them all to you
On this day, this is what I do.

Right or wrong
My thoughts are yours
Good or bad
My heart lays bare

I cannot hide from you
I do not want to.
I cannot calm myself
My peace is found in you.

Give me the prayer to say
Lord!
You, who intercedes for me,
Give me the right words,
Lay them on my heart
Help me to intercede.

cjb

No comments: