Monday, October 06, 2008

His work in me

If I could fly to the heights of the sky
I could not hide from you
For you are there
Your Spirit lifts me higher
I’m caught up in you.

If I could swim to the depths of the sea
I could not flee from you
For you are there
Your Spirit takes me deeper
I sink deep into you.

From the highest and
To the lowest points
My God is with me
Lifting me higher
Giving me depth

He calls me by name
He makes me into
What I am not
Taking a nobody
With one word from His mouth
Calling me something
As if it were

I wait to become
All he hopes me to be
I wait for The Creator
To finish
To perfect
His work in me.


cjb

Psalm 139:8-9 (NIV), Romans 4:17 (Message, NIV), Hebrews 12:2 (NIV), Jude 24 (NIV)

1 comment:

WalksInTheWoods said...

"Calling me something
As if it were

I wait to become
All he hopes me to be"


powerful ,
you stir thoughts into being ...

Don't we all join with Paul,

"WE know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time....inwardly as we wait for the adoption as sons/daughters ..." Romans 8:22-23


To be what He sees in me,

" You Peter-shall be the rock" " You Martha- have chosen the better thing"

'Lord'; Call me by name and,
"make me into what I am not" (capable of being , on my own)

thanks, as always, for your crafted words.......