Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!




How do I enter this New Year?
Living for my Lord.
Never leave me or forsake me.
Every day is yours.

How will I know success?
Living for my Lord.
Nothing will deter me
Endurance is the word.

Hope is ours in Christ.
Living just for Him.
Noble thoughts surrendered
Endearing love begins

Help me Lord, to be like you
Living day by day
Noting all your blessings
Encouraging on the way.


In an attempt to break free from my writer’s block, I wrote this poem by beginning each line with the first letter from my daughter’s names in the order of their births.



Heather
Lydia
Natasha
Emma


Four girls, four verses! :)

Not overly inspiring and forced but I figure writing something is better than writing nothing.

Have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Christopher Hinzman said...

Hello! I thought I would let you know that I have a new URL...

chris-hinzman.blogspot.com

After I switched it, someone must have taken over my old URL (trust91) and now it's some sort of ad for Christmas gifts... An ad that can be an inconvenience in coming across. If you don't mind, could you update the link to my site on the right of your page?

Anyways, 'encouraging all the way.' That humbled and challenged me tonight. Thank you for writing this despite the writers block!

Chris Hinzman

WalksInTheWoods said...

Hey Carol,

thanks for some inspiration,..... I think the block I'm stuck in was called Christmas work .... or at least a believable(?),lame excuse ... actually I haven't opened anybody's blogs for a few weeks......maybe inspiration and a stronger cup of coffee will help get them from the draft to the I-net....

Any rate , great picture of H.L.N.& E
grace,